SAVE some $ today!
Ya gotta love America and Uncle Sam when one of the rewards everyone can enjoy—whether they are tax payers or not— are Tax Day deals.
USA TODAY, published a list of Tax Day deals that is worth reading through and sure to appeal. Plus, will save you some money.
Below is the list as it appeared in the USA TODAY story titled, “Where to find the best Tax Day deals and freebies”, published April 18, 2016:
- “Noodles & Co.: On April 18, buy any entree, get a kids’ meal free. Kids (“your little deductibles”) must be present. From April 11 to 18, order online and use code TAXDAY to get $4 off your order of $10 or more.
- Staples: April 18 in-store only, shred 5 pounds of paper for free.
- Boston Market: On Tax Day, buy a half-chicken individual meal with two sides, a regular fountain drink, cornbread and a cookie for $10.40.
- Great American Cookies: Add some dough to your life with a free original chocolate chip cookie at participating stores on April 18.
- Hot Dog on a Stick: Get one free Original Turkey Dog on a Stick at participating locations.
- Kona Ice: Get a free tropical shaved ice on Tax Day. Tweet your ZIP code to @KonaIce to find the Kona Ice truck’s location in your community.
- Tony Roma’s: Eat here on Tax Day and receive a coupon for a free slice of red velvet cake. Or register for the Tony Roma’s Email Club and have the coupon emailed to you before April 18.
- Office Depot: Visit the 2015 taxes guidefor a coupon for 5 pounds of free bulk bin shredding in-store through April 23.
- Sonny’s BBQ: On April 18, get half-price Sweet & Smokey or House Dry-Rubbed Rib dinners.
- Wayfair: Through April 20, shop discounts up to 60% off on furniture in Wayfair’s Tax Refund Event.
- McDonald’s: On April 18 at participating restaurants in Arizona, Vermont, Colorado and Wyoming, get a free small coffee. At participating locations in Dayton, Ohio, and Cincinnati, buy one Big Mac or Quarter Pounder and get one for 18 cents. Check your local McDonald’s for deals.
- HydroMassage: Between April 18 and 22, download a coupon and schedule a free massage.
- Outback Steakhouse: Take 15% off your entire check with a coupon on April 18. Sign up for the restaurant’s email list or download the Outback app to get the Tax Day coupon.
- Planet Fitness: Download a coupon from the Planet Fitness site for a free HydroMassage. Must be 18 years or older and have an ID present.
- Papa Murphy’s: Get 50% off online orders on Tax Day at participating locations.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Sing a song on the cafe stage in front of the entire restaurant at participating locations on April 18 to receive a free Legendary Burger.”
Read the full story at : http://tinyurl.com/j8ogu8k .
Market Quick Glance
Here are the year-to-date performance figures for the major indices through April 15, 2016, according to Bloomberg. To provide a longer performance perspective, 1-year returns have been added.
Overall it was a winning week for stocks as each of the following indices had preformed better last week than they had during the previous one:
–Dow Jones +3.52% YTD
1yr Rtn +3.04%
-S&P 500 +2.48% YTD
1yr Rtn +2.18%
–NASDAQ -0.99% YTD
1yr Rtn +1.45%
-Russell 2000 +0.00% YTD
1yr Rtn -8.33%
Through Thursday, April 14, 2016 the average U.S.Diversified Equity Fund was up 0.66 percent percent year-to-date, according to Lipper.
For the second week in a row Equity Income Funds had the highest returns posting gains double what they were during the previous week: up 3.91 percent, year-to-date.
Dedicated Short-Bias Funds were down the most: off nearly 10 percent (9.94 percent).
Visit www.allaboutfunds.com for weekly updates to see how equity and fixed-income funds have rewarded investors over the short-and long-term, based upon Lipper data. Short-term meaning weekly and monthly performance returns; longer-term includes quarterly, year-to-date, 1-yr, 2-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr returns.
Lipper’s weekly performance figures for stock and fixed-income funds are at www.allaboutfunds.com in the left column on the home page.